Sunday, October 5, 2014

October 3rd - Finally

The obsession began this past summer.  One day, while up at my parent's house, Zack decided he wanted to rent a Wii and a game called Super Smash Bros.  

After going back and forth on whether the $20.00 price tag was worth it, I decided to take Zack to Game Stop and let him buy a used Wii and the Smash Bros game.  He had $1700.00 in his savings account and I thought he deserved to finally be able to spend some of it.

This satisfied his obsession for a while but also fueled his desire to buy the 3DS version of the game when it was released on October 3rd.  He had pre-ordered a copy from Best Buy using some of his graduation money.  

And then...the countdown began.  Day after day after day I heard exactly how many weeks, days, hours, and even minutes were left until he could have his hands on this game.  I finally had to make a rule that if he talked about it more than 10x a day, I was going to postpone the pick-up time by an hour.  Not kidding - it was that bad.


I get done with school at 11:00 on Fridays so needless to say we were at Best Buy by 11:30.  Zack had worked ahead in school so he could take the day off.  



Amen...I can finally stop hearing about it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Another Last Day

  That is a wrap on the 2023-2024 school year.  I spent this year at Central Florida Christian Academy.  The school is associated with Churc...