Saturday, October 18, 2014

Fall Colors

We moved to Wisconsin when Zack was 6.5 years old.  Before that he had never really seen snow or experienced a northern winter. 

One day, our first winter here, on our way to school he asked me, "mom, why is everything here black and white?" 

Excellent question and one that I had not thought of before.  The trees are black and the snow is white...and in my opinion, it is just plain ugly!

However, if there is one reward for having to endure a cold, ugly winter, it is the fall leaf colors we get to enjoy before they fall off the trees and leave them bare and...well...just plain ugly.  



The colors are pretty much at peak right now despite an incredibly windy day this past week that blew a lot of the leaves off the trees.





I'm trying to appreciate the beauty since this will be the last year I will experience fall color.  




No comments:

Post a Comment

Another Last Day

  That is a wrap on the 2023-2024 school year.  I spent this year at Central Florida Christian Academy.  The school is associated with Churc...