Thursday, June 19, 2014

Walks

So, Ollie has been going for anywhere from 2-4 walks a day.  Every night after dinner I take him for one of those walks.  He knows it too...he won't take his eyes off of me while I help my mom clean up the kitchen.



The weather has been pretty nice and after we climb this horrendous hill...there is actually a pretty nice view.

Unfortunately, this was our view last Friday night on our walk:

NO kidding...I was standing RIGHT NEXT to this thing and I did not even notice it!  

While Ollie was busy lifting his leg on the 853rd tree, I was standing right next to this!!!  Once he was finished and we began walking, he kinda half stepped on it and half tripped over it and that is when I noticed it.

I stayed nice and calm (NOT)!  The thing did not move though so I suspected it might be dead.  But when I looked at it again I saw it was moving.  I am nowhere as near to it as the picture indicates - that would just be foolish of me.  I put the picture in Lightroom and cropped it.

Anyway, my dad tells me that it is a non-poisonous pine snake whose defense mechanism is to play dead (thank GOD or it certainly would have bitten me!!).  It is definitely the biggest snake I have seen - even the three snakes I saw while living in Florida were not that big!

All I know is I never want to see one again. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Another Last Day

  That is a wrap on the 2023-2024 school year.  I spent this year at Central Florida Christian Academy.  The school is associated with Churc...