Wednesday, April 11, 2012

The Pool

We traveled a ton when I was young.  Starting when I was 6 and continuing to the age of 16, every summer my parents would pack up the suitcases, hitch the camper to the truck, and off we would go to see the country...thus the reason I have been in 43 of the 50 states.


As the sun would set on our day of travels and we would begin looking at brochures for a suitable place to camp, my parents would look at amenities such as cost, water and gas hook-ups, and showers and laundry.  Whereas my sister and I had only one wish...one requirement that would make the whole stay seem heavenly...A POOL!!!


My how things don't change.  


The pool is where it's at...
How much the better when a basketball hoop accompanies the pool...
And little man struggled to get enough vertical leap in the water for a dunk...
But he finally succeeded.
Yes... the pool.  The primary fun of any motel stay.


Unless you're Ollie.  Then the fun is scouting the squirrels that may or may not gather outside your window.

The squirrel will never see me here. Now...
where is he? 


Ah....there he is!!
Now, if I could just get through this window!
I'll just have to be content to hunt him in my dreams

No comments:

Post a Comment

Another Last Day

  That is a wrap on the 2023-2024 school year.  I spent this year at Central Florida Christian Academy.  The school is associated with Churc...