Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Money Well Spent

Do you remember the bribe I offered Zack in basketball.  My intention initially was to bring him out of his shell...well...yeah...I guess it worked.  I ended up owing him lots of money.


Anyway, he has mostly spent it all except for a remaining $30.00 that he had set aside and earmarked for a video game he wanted to get once summer vacation started.  I was making him wait until summer to prevent said new video game from being a distraction from his school work.


To get on with this already-too-long-story, we were listening to our local k-love radio station (christian music) in the car this afternoon...as we always do.  Their annual fundraiser telethon was wrapping up after a week in full gear.  I was not sure if Zack was even listening when from the back seat I hear:


"Mom, I want to give them my basketball money."


I gulped hard and asked "are you sure?"


"Yep, I'm sure."


Okay.  I handed him my phone. 


He dialed the phone and talked to the operator while I may or may not have been sobbing like a dork behind my sunglasses at his kind heart.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Another Last Day

  That is a wrap on the 2023-2024 school year.  I spent this year at Central Florida Christian Academy.  The school is associated with Churc...