Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Out Of The Mouths of Babes

Before my mom left for Florida she gave me a package of hair color that she wasn't going to use. Not being one to waste, I used it the other day - even though it was a couple shades darker than I usually use.


The next day at school I had this conversation with a fifth grade girl:


Girl "Ooh..Mrs. Schneider...your hair is turning colors."
Me: (playing dumb) "Really?????"
Girl: "Yes"...(now closely examining my hair) "hmm...it's very colorful"
Me:(still playing dumb) "Colorful???"
Girl: "well... it's not really gray...it just kinda looks that way."  
Me: "GRAY???  (not the look I was hoping for)
Girl: "It looks nice."  (now kind of cocks her head) but you should have colored the whole thing... not just the top."
Me: "Um...I did color the whole thing.  Does it look like I didn't color the whole thing?"
Girl: "No"  and skips off to recess.


Meanwhile...I run to check my hair in the bathroom mirror and stop at the store on the way home to buy another bottle of hair color.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Another Last Day

  That is a wrap on the 2023-2024 school year.  I spent this year at Central Florida Christian Academy.  The school is associated with Churc...