Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Snow Day

Not that I really care that much since I am not teaching this year..... nor is Zack in formal school this year.... but schools around the area were closed today.


We were supposed to get about 4 inches of snow last night - but that is difficult to determine because of the wonderful 40 to 60 mile per hour winds we had the priviledge of having last night.  The real issue, I believe, is the incredible drifting of the snow.


Last night, as we were driving home from Zack's basketball game, the drifts were already pretty bad... but the bigger problem was that with all the snow blowing across the road it created "whiteout conditions".  Most of the time I didn't even know if I was even on the road....and I couldn't see a drift in the road until I was right on top of it. 


Fortunately, we made it home safely... and home is where we will hunker down... at least for today. 


Have I mentioned how much I love living here in this arctic, frozen wasteland......NOT!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Another Last Day

  That is a wrap on the 2023-2024 school year.  I spent this year at Central Florida Christian Academy.  The school is associated with Churc...