Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Food

This blog will mainly be about food... just in case you couldn't have figured that out by the title.
But first:


See this face?












































He may look sweet and innocent but you would think differently if you just saw him do what I just saw him do.  Yes, my sweet little puppy just went out to piddle and then pounced upon and killed a mouse!!  I yelled and screamed at him to drop it (because he was going to eat it) and being the obedient dog that he is... he dropped.... the dead mouse... right at my feet.  How lovely.


Now that you're appetite has been stimulated; on to the food.


Did you ever want to try a food that you didn't like because you saw a picture of it and thought it looked good... yeah, me neither.


Soooo.. I saw a recipe for acorn squash and it looked delicious... but I don't like squash... but I had to try it....



 
and it was.... edible.  But remember I don't like squash.  If  you do like squash, this would be the recipe to try.  I think I might even try this recipe again.


-Cut acorn squash in half and take out the insides. I put the seeds aside to roast later... yum.
- melt butter
- add brown sugar to the melted butter
- spread copious amounts of the mixture on the inside and outside of the squash
-cook at 350* for an hour or so
-add salt and pepper to taste


After experimenting with food I don't necessarily like, I moved on to food I love!!!!!



























Yes.... cookies.  Frozen sugar cookie dough with homemade frosting.   Since the vanilla in the frosting made it look brownish.. and since yesterday was valentines day... I decided to add a bit of red food coloring.  My bet is that these will all be gone by tomorrow morning.  Things like this don't last long in our household.


After the cookies I moved onto dinner.  Tonight's dinner was going to be sloppy joes. Since hubby was working and Zack had his last basketball game I wanted something simple.  But when I went to the store.. hamburger was $2.59 per pound while these bone in chicken breasts were $.99 a pound... so, chicken breasts it was. 


- I cracked two eggs in one bowl and beat them
- took a row of ritz crackers, put them in a bag and pulverized them
- added garlic salt and pepper to the cracker mixture
























- dip the chicken in egg, then in the cracker mixture
- put on a cookie sheet or baking dish
- put little drops of butter under and around the chicken







Baked at 375* for a about an hour







Enjoy!!  Disclaimer: I cannot take credit for either of these recipes - I found them on the internet.






















No comments:

Post a Comment

Another Last Day

  That is a wrap on the 2023-2024 school year.  I spent this year at Central Florida Christian Academy.  The school is associated with Churc...