Thursday, November 24, 2016

Our (Very Quiet) Thanksgiving

After talking with all parties involved, we decided to spend Thanksgiving at our own houses celebrating in our own ways. My mom and dad live in a retirement community and there are always people without families who are looking for others to spend Thanksgiving with.  My parents were invited to go out to dinner with some friends and, of course, we understood how much easier it was for my mom not having to cook a big meal (although she said she missed everyone and next year we would get together).

I basically spent the 80* day watching Christmas movies and putting out the Christmas decorations and putting up the tree.    The tree is as gorgeous as ever.  I thought about getting rid of it about a dozen times this year as the big, bulky box takes up space in my bedroom but I didn't - yet.  No promises that I will keep it another year.  It is a difficult decision because it is really one of the prettiest artificial trees I have seen. 



I also made a small turkey for Zack and me (is there any better smell than a roasting turkey?) and am waiting for C.J. and Jon to come over.  We are going to watch Texas Chainsaw Massacre and Impractical Jokers.  

Pictures from the day:

Scrooge

Followed by It's a Wonderful Life







Yummy..this roaster was the best birthday present ever!  

Mashed Potatoes for Zack...Cranberries for me

No comments:

Post a Comment

Another Last Day

  That is a wrap on the 2023-2024 school year.  I spent this year at Central Florida Christian Academy.  The school is associated with Churc...