Monday, January 14, 2013

Cheer Perfection...Isn't That the Name of a T.V. Show?

A little while ago, I got a phone call from my cousin  explaining that she and her daughter (my god-daughter, because I used to be Catholic and all) would be in Appleton this past Saturday for a cheer competition.  

Since I hardly ever get to see either one of them, I decided to make the 30 minute drive to see them.

I was completely unprepared for how huge these cheer competitions are.  I'm not sure what I was expecting - but I wasn't expecting that!

Thousands of kids ages 3 - 18 competing in cheer, dance, stunts, tumbles, etc.  The little kids were hopelessly adorable!

Katie is a senior and is a cheerleader for Kettle Moraine High School.  They competed twice in different categories...the one I watched was "cheer dance."  So...no stunts tumbling, or pyramids or anything like that.  Just basically cheerleaders dancing to a choreographed song.




Once again my camera (or me) fails to take pictures that are not blurry.  Amazingly, I took about 20 pictures and these were the "best" ones!!!  

Anyway, her team took third place for this routine and later took a first place for their other one.

This picture I did not take - but got it from her facebook page.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Another Last Day

  That is a wrap on the 2023-2024 school year.  I spent this year at Central Florida Christian Academy.  The school is associated with Churc...