Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Changes

 I'm not just talking about the weather...which has gone from snow...to melting...more snow...more melting...and more snow...all in the month of January. We've also had rain, thunder,lightening, and dense fog all in the past three days.Today was 55* with massive wet puddles of melted snow everywhere - tonight we'll have falling temps, rain turning into snow with freezing rain, fog, and 4-8" of blowing snow tomorrow. I smell a snow day!!!

Other changes this month: Zack turned 14.

We celebrated with a Friday night birthday dinner at Tortilla Flats.  All that was missing was C.J.  Sometimes I really miss our monthly Tortilla Flats Friday night dinners.
He decided to bring a cake at lunch to share with his buddies (and possibly one certain girl)

But quite possibly the biggest change has to do with work.  I am in the second week of a seven week stint in the third grade classroom full time - while someone else teaches computer.  The teacher is on maternity leave and while they had a sub lined up to fill in...she backed out at the last minute- to be fair, she got a full time job - so...since it was crucial to have a certified teacher in there - and most anyone can get by with teaching computer (makes me feel so worthless) this was the arrangement they came up with.

I was not too thrilled last week.  It meant going back to full time, going back to recess duties and after school duties, having to be to school earlier (and later sometimes) than I normally do - really I have become quite spoiled!  Also, the class was how-shall-I-say really testing their boundaries last week...and they got to see how mean I can really be!!!  I was so exhausted last week that I was in bed an hour early every night!

This week, so far, has gone much better!  And, knowing me, at the end of this seven weeks I am sure I will go back to the computer room kicking and screaming. 

As a side note: Now that I am completely weaned from my medication, I have had four seriously bad coughing fits this week.  Gagging, eyes watering, gasping-for-breath coughing attacks.  Pray there is some answer for this like there was for the pain! Please!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Another Last Day

  That is a wrap on the 2023-2024 school year.  I spent this year at Central Florida Christian Academy.  The school is associated with Churc...