Friday, January 28, 2011

Stream of Thoughts

I subbed this week.... for middle schoolers.. Ugh!!!  What is the deal with middle schoolers?  I never wanted to teach older kids so my teaching certification is valid only through third grade. A few years ago, when I was offered the fourth grade position, I had serious reservations about wanting to teach kids "that old" but figured I'd take it and maybe something else in a younger grade would open up and I could move.  Wellll... I ended up LOVING fourth grade!  I loved the mature way I could discuss things with them and the semi-complicated things I could teach them.  I even began wondering if, maybe, I would want to teach older grades.... NOT ANYMORE!!   I have had the majority of these middle schoolers in my fourth grade class - it's a very small school and there are only a few that I did not have because they enrolled and started after fourth grade.... boy have they changed!  They are goofy, talkative, and, if possible, even less mature than they were in fourth grade.   I think fourth grade is perfect for me. 


I miss my son!  Nothing more to say on that... other than it would be so great to be able to watch the Super Bowl with him!


Jon got the news this week that he was accepted into Platteville.  This is supposed to be the top engineering college in the state!  He is beyond ecstatic and has decided, at least for now, on a major in Electrical Engineering.  I guess I will have to get used to missing another son.


Matthew is still hanging onto life... but barely.  God's timing is a strange and wonderful thing.  His parents have been busy making memories that will have to last a lifetime.  Keep praying for them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Another Last Day

  That is a wrap on the 2023-2024 school year.  I spent this year at Central Florida Christian Academy.  The school is associated with Churc...