Friday, October 4, 2024

2024 HHN - An Overview

 This was my ninth Halloween Horror Nights (since there was none in 2020) and over the years, I have had many different kinds of tickets and each one has its plusses and its negatives.  

Two times I have purchased the all-event express pass.  I loved the idea of going many times and the shortened wait times that allowed us to do ALL the houses when we'd go.  What I didn't love was the price.  I had this ticket the first year I was down here (2015) and again last year.  My son helped me out with the cost because I would never have been able to do it on my own.   

Years 2016-2019 I did not buy a ticket but instead used my Universal Employee ID to get in.  The plus side of this is that it did not cost me a single penny. Also, it was so convenient parking in the employee parking lot and entering and leaving through the back of the park.  The negative side was, of course, not being able to go through a lot of the houses.  We would get there right at 6 and go through the houses in the back of the park while there was little to no wait. We'd see the Bill and Ted show and then I would leave and let CJ go through the houses using his express pass. 

In 2021, I got a full event ticket without express. The positive to this was that it was cheaper than the express and I was able to go for the entire duration of the event (although I missed an entire week due to having Co-Vid).  Again, the down side, was not being able to go through a lot of the houses; basically being limited to the houses at the back of the park.  

In 2022, I bought a "short-event" ticket with express.  This ticket was only good through September but did include the express.  The positive to this was that it was much cheaper than the full event and yet I could still go for a month and, using the express, we were able to get through all the houses when we would go. The negative was that I felt sad knowing that HHN was not over, but I could not go anymore. 

Last year I got the full event express - VERY expensive, but a great experience being able to attend the entire event and get through all 10 houses each time.  

This year, I went back to the "short-event" option.  So, for me, HHN is over  *tears* even though it is still going on for another 4 weeks.  It really is the best option for me when factoring cost.  

We squeezed a lot into September trying to get the most out of my ticket.  Most nights we'd get through all ten houses.  

Unfortunately, a new development this year seemed to be an allergy to something and every night I would come home with either a nasty rash or hives. 



Very confusing and frustrating. I would put hydrocortisone cream on when I'd get home and most days it would be gone or almost gone by the next day.  


This year, I am going back to a countdown to #1.  Be back tomorrow with houses #8-10.

No comments:

Post a Comment

2024 HHN - An Overview

  This was my ninth Halloween Horror Nights (since there was none in 2020) and over the years, I have had many different kinds of tickets an...