Sunday, July 2, 2023

A Second Hospitalization

 June was the most unbelievable for me.  Besides the 3 times I had the boys, I've only been in the hospital two times in my whole life - once at 2 and I had pneumonia, and once in my early 20's when a blood filled cyst in my stomach ruptured.  So I doubled my hospitalizations in just one month.

Thursday started as every other day however, at some point in the morning, I felt a UTI coming on. Not an hour later, I felt the unmistakable tightness around the chest, feeing as I couldn't breathe, and tingling down my arms. This lasted about 10 minutes.  

I immediately packed a bag and headed over to Orlando Health again. This time they were unbelievably busy. I was given a bed in the area where the ambulance drops off people. They again did an EKG which was, once again, completely normal. They ran bloodwork to check the troponin levels which should be less than 1.  My initial number was 14, my second draw was 99.  

So it was back up to the cardiac unit for me where I spent the next two days feeling absolutely fine.

The cardiologist came Friday morning and signed off stating there wasn't anything he could do for me.  I already had all the test three weeks prior and nothing was going to change in that short time period. He said he thinks the episodes are infection related so chances are it will happen again. 

The only issue this stay was they gave me a blood pressure pill Thursday night and it cause my pressures to tank. I spent the next 14-16 hours with readings about 88/60. Friday afternoon they were up a bit but the doctor wouldn't send me home until the top number was above 100.  When they checked my vitals about 4:00, the top number was 104!!!! Ihad started packing my things to go home when the nurse came in and said the doctor again changed her mind and wanted me to stay because I had a "fever" - 99.4*. I really don't consider that a fever but whatever.  

I stayed another night and then went home Saturday about noon. If this happens again I will not be going to the ER unless he episodes last longer or I have residual effects. I am not going to spend another night in the hospital when I feel absolutely fine. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Another Last Day

  That is a wrap on the 2023-2024 school year.  I spent this year at Central Florida Christian Academy.  The school is associated with Churc...