Friday, June 16, 2023

Health Update

 I have a feeling that my road to recovery will be long and possibly even complicated so I thought I would keep a record here of doctor visits/medications/tests/etc.

My discharge papers list my official diagnosis as acute non-ST segment elevation myocardia infarction. According to what I could find on Dr. Google 

- this is a form of a heart attack

- it is a less serious form because it usually will not cause damage to the heart (as in my case)

- the diagnosis is made through a blood test that will show a higher level  of cardiac enzymes and on an EKG the ST segment will be depressed instead of elevated (as with a STEMI heart attack)

 - this happens when your heart is not getting the oxygen it needs

- there are several causes but mine was  caused by inflammation in the wall of my coronary arteries or heart muscle. 

From WEB MD

NSTEMI. In this form of ACS, your heart is getting some oxygen but not enough. It may be caused by any of the conditions listed above. An NSTEMI is diagnosed when your EKG does not show the type of abnormality seen in a STEMI but your blood tests show that your heart is stressed. 

WHERE DO WE GO FROM HERE

I had an appointment yesterday at the clinic in Ocoee.

-  My heart rate was still high (114 bpm)

- Blood Pressure was back to slightly elevated 132/90

Summary of the visit

    It's safe to say there is some kind of autoimmune situation going on. The issue is there is no test for Fibromyalgia so that is usually a diagnosis that is made once all other autoimmune diseases have been eliminated. Well, I have not been tested for any autoimmune diseases so on on Monday I will go for bloodwork and that is where we will start. 

The doctor I saw (not my primary) has given me a 6-day supply of steroids that I will hope will help reduce the inflammation. 

I have an appointment on Wednesday with my primary. At that appointment I am hoping to switch to a pill for the psoriasis. The doctor at the hospital prescribed a cream that seems to be working well, however it comes in a 5 milligram tube and I empty a tube in two days because I have to apply it to every inch of my legs. I also have some spots on my back that  cannot reach to put cream on. Because of the severity, I think I need an oral alternative. 

Because I am switching insurance companies in August (because of course I am -  now that I have met my deductible for the year!!!!!!) , I need to coordinate a care team that takes both insurances so I don't have to switch doctors.


 - Oral Antibiotic- Cefuroxime Axetil 500 mg twice a day for 5 days

- Lotion for Psoriasis - Triamcinolone Acetonide Cream USP .05 %

Twice a day

- Loratadine 10 mg  As needed for itching

- Steroid-MethylPrednisolone Tablets USP   4 mg 21tablets








No comments:

Post a Comment

Another Last Day

  That is a wrap on the 2023-2024 school year.  I spent this year at Central Florida Christian Academy.  The school is associated with Churc...