Saturday, October 15, 2022

Halloween Horror Nights Continued

 Continuing with the countdown...


8). The Weeknd: After Hours Nightmare

For me, this house was too bizarre. I didn't really catch on to the overall premise for this house. Universal's HHN website describes...prepare to enter the macabre mind of The Weeknd in this haunted house as he stalks you through this surreal nightmare of his.

So apparently, he is having some kind of nightmare and we are 

inside his head living it with him. I'm sure the main draw to this house is his music, but since the only Weeknd song I know is Blinding Lights (love the song actually) it didn't go over well with me. 


Walkthrough video from Attractions 360*




7). The Horrors of Blumhouse (Freaky/Black Phone)

I had high expectations for this house as I loved both of these movies but it fell short of my expectations.  This was actually set up as two different houses separated by a short walk outside. 
https://wdwnt.com/  Photo credit


I enjoyed Black Phone more than FreakyBoth houses follow their movie plots pretty closely which meant there was very little creativity and the scares were obvious and somewhat flat.  


Walkthrough from ThrillGeek



6). Spirits of the Coven

A coven of beautiful flapper witches lure you into their 1920's speakeasy and then reveal their haggish true form. Universal HHN website.

Judging by the location of this house, Universal was probably expecting it to be a very popular house. This location in past years has been home to houses like American Werewolf in London, Stranger Things, and the Exorcist. 

I enjoy looking at the set in these houses as much as I love the scares and this house had a great set. There was plenty to look at and the idea behind the house was clever. Overall, a good house.

Walkthrough from For the Love of Theme Parks




No comments:

Post a Comment

Another Last Day

  That is a wrap on the 2023-2024 school year.  I spent this year at Central Florida Christian Academy.  The school is associated with Churc...