Sunday, October 2, 2022

Halloween Horror Nights 2022

10 terrifying houses 

+

5 foreboding scare zones

+

2 tremendous shows (which we didn't see) 😆

 1 amazing HHN 


At first, making it to HHN this year didn't seem possible. I just couldn't work it into my current budget. However, I was eventually able to get a three week pass (instead of the entire 8 week event) WITH express and it was the best thing I could have done! 

The past few years I have been limited as to the houses I could go through because I didn't have express and the regular lines were too long. I basically went through the same three houses (at the back of the park) and then left because, with CJ having the express option, I also felt guilty knowing he could skip the lines if I wasn't there. So, at best, I probably walked through the same three or four houses and got through those about 15 - 20 times total. 

This year, while I only went 5 times, using the express option meant we could get through all 10 houses each time. Soooo worth the trade off of not being able to go in October. We went Friday the 9th, Friday the 16th, Sunday the 18th, Wednesday the 21st, and Friday the 23rd. We got there right at 6:00 and usually had all the houses done by 10:00-10:30. Again, well worth it!!! 

For the first time since my first HHN back in 2015 (the one year I had express), I feel like I've been through all the houses enough to rank them.  


From worst to favorite

#10 Hellblock Horror

A prison whose inmates are monstrous creatures. The monsters have broken free and are slaughtering anyone that stands between them and freedom.

There is nothing really great to talk about here. The walkthrough was dull and boring. The set was just an ordinary, common prison. The monsters and scares were average at best. 

We did this house every time we went but if there was one I would have not minded skipping, it would have been this one. 

Photo Credit: https://wdwnt.com/2022/09/review-hellblock-horror-house-at-universal-orlandos-halloween-horror-nights-31/

Photo Credit: https://wdwnt.com/2022/09/review-hellblock-horror-house-at-universal-orlandos-halloween-horror-nights-31/

Walkthrough Video courtesy of Attractions 360*




#9 Descendants of Destruction

Walk through the subway tunnels of  deserted New York where hungry mutants look to feast off human flesh.


The best thing about this house was the façade - and even that wasn't that great. 

Photo Credit: https://wdwnt.com/2022/09/descendents-of-destruction-hhn-31/

I understand this was a sequel of sorts to the Seeds of Extinction house a couple years ago. 


The best parts of this house was walking through the subway car and the funhouse tunnel. Not all that memorable for me. 

Walkthrough video courtesy of Attractions 360*



#8 The Weeknd: After Hours Nightmare



No comments:

Post a Comment

Another Last Day

  That is a wrap on the 2023-2024 school year.  I spent this year at Central Florida Christian Academy.  The school is associated with Churc...