Friday, October 29, 2021

Halloween Horror Nights 2021 Part One

 Wow! I cannot believe this is my 6th year of HHN.  

This year, because I am no longer an employee of Universal Studios, I purchased a Frequent Fear Pass (with the help of CJ).  

Honestly, I was hoping to get there much more than I was actually able to. Having Co-vid right in the middle of the event was less than ideal. The weather this year was also less than ideal with much more rain than in years past. 

This post will contain a combination of pictures from Google images and my own photos as well as walkthrough videos from YouTube.

This year there were 10 houses and 5 scare zones. 

HOUSES

The Haunting of Hill House from Netflix

                                  Image: https://orlando.halloweenhorrornights.com/site/hhn/details/event-attractions#


Houses
I must confess that despite the hype surrounding this series, I have not watched it (I have started watching it twice...it's not that I did not like it, life just in the way). 

Because of the popularity of this house, I was only able to go through it one time. It was not a favorite overall, but the façade was incredible! I probably would have enjoyed it more if I had watched the series. 

                                      Image: Google

 To stay true to the TV series, the maze is a slow burn that builds, in the way the events unfold, with some moments being very subtle. They make use of theatrical scrims, especially for when it comes to seeing the ghosts appear and reappear throughout. This particular maze also has a heavy emotional component, but the focus is on scaring people.  (credit: https://collider.com/hhn-2021-haunting-of-hill-house-maze-bride-of-frankenstein-lives-maze-images-details/)


Beetlejuice

Image: https://wdwnt.com/2021/09/review-beetlejuice-haunted-house-brings-the-classic-film-to-life-at-universal-orlandos-halloween-horror-nights-30/

Another popular house I was only able to get through one time. It's too bad, because I think this could have been a favorite. It reminds me of Asylum in Wonderland as they brought back the spinning barrel that makes guests disoriented as they attempt to walk through it. Also, the overall atmosphere is lighthearted and whimsical like Asylum in Wonderland. 



Texas Chainsaw Massacre 

You've seen the 1974 horror classic. Now it's your turn to experience it for yourself. Enter the dilapidated Sawyer house and meet Leatherface and his demented family of merciless butchers.   (https://orlando.halloweenhorrornights.com/site/hhn/details/event-attractions/texas-chainsaw-massacre)


Yet another popular house with long lines that I got through only one time. It was just okay. 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Another Last Day

  That is a wrap on the 2023-2024 school year.  I spent this year at Central Florida Christian Academy.  The school is associated with Churc...