Sunday, April 5, 2020

Living in the Twilight Zone Week Three

We made it through another week of social isolation.  

I am so grateful that my family and I remain healthy, but I cannot pretend I wouldn't rather be walking in to my classroom tomorrow seeing the beautiful faces of my students. 

The week started with A LOT of questions since it was the first day of digital learning for them.  And just when things were leveling out and the students and parents were feeling more comfortable with the whole process, Study Island changed their log-in procedures on Thursday which created a whole new round of questions. Yes, step by step directions were sent out, but I had three students who did not use their school email address and, therefore, would not be able to access Study Island no matter what they did. So that was fun to get that mess straightened out. 

Having a schedule and routine helped the week pass fairly quickly. Everyday, I set my alarm for 8:30. I started my coffee, took Ollie out, and then settled in to my spot on the couch and check into what emails, problems, or issues are awaiting me. My office hours are from 1-3 so that means I have to be available for immediate response from students or parents. I also tutored online a couple times for Huntington. 

On Friday, we had to get out of the house and do our grocery shopping. I brought along a plastic container of Clorox wipes which Zack and I used to clean every inch of our shopping cart and also used a wipe to grab things off the shelves. We are stocked for another week. 

After shopping, we stopped by Chili's and got their 3 for $10 special curbside to go. 

Another week of hibernating ahead. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

2024 HHN - An Overview

  This was my ninth Halloween Horror Nights (since there was none in 2020) and over the years, I have had many different kinds of tickets an...