Thursday, April 16, 2020

Another Week in the Twilight Zone

So we have now survived three weeks of isolation/safer at home/social distancing and I really see no end in sight. 

While life continues to move on in this strange and unfamiliar
fashion, days just seem to flow together. I often find myself unable  to remember what day of the week it is, or what the date is.  

I'm still getting up with my alarm Monday through Friday and following a predictable routine of taking Ollie out, grabbing my coffee, and parking myself on the living room couch to spend the day looking at my computer screen. I alternate watching Dr. Phil and Impractical Jokers, although at times there has been a movie on I like or some Lightning game re-run that I watch instead. 

This past week was incredibly wonderful as the 2017 tax return I filed almost two years ago now had come. I had all but given up hope. And because Zack was still a minor dependent at the time, it was a substantial amount. 

That, plus the $1,200 stimulus check I received, has allowed me to pay off a couple debts and finally have enough money to get my teeth fixed.

Hang on tight...another week of solitude ahead. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

2024 HHN - An Overview

  This was my ninth Halloween Horror Nights (since there was none in 2020) and over the years, I have had many different kinds of tickets an...