Tuesday, November 13, 2018

Oh Christmas Tree or No Christmas Tree

I'm in the midst of a strong internal debate on whether I am even going to put up a Christmas Tree this year.  

I know...bah humbug! 

I have a beautiful tree but, after six or so years, all the pre-lit lights that came on the tree have burned out. I had planned to just go to a store and buy new lights to replace them but then...I started thinking maybe not. 



First of all, it's an expense right now that I just don't need.  And while I am still trying to dig out of the hole created when I went all summer without a paycheck, even $10-20 makes a huge difference. 

But really, the bottom line is...I just do not spend any time in my living room at all! I would rather spend money on a string of lights to hang around the window in my bedroom where I can enjoy them. 

So I am leaning toward no tree this year.  At least I won't have that post Christmas stress of having to take it all down!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Another Last Day

  That is a wrap on the 2023-2024 school year.  I spent this year at Central Florida Christian Academy.  The school is associated with Churc...