Monday, December 18, 2017

Why I Am Ready for Christmas Break

We have a late Christmas break this year.  While we don't start break until Thursday afternoon, we then do not have to be back to school until January 8th.  I think I will enjoy the start back time but truthfully, I am ready to be done RIGHT NOW!  


I love my job, I love what I do, and I love my students. But the never ending, "Ms Koeck......." lately is doing me in and I am ready to wave the white flag of defeat.  

This was the list today(and I must add that these things are said at the MOST random times).

"Ms. Koeck, look, I have my own hand sanitizer" (as a bag of mini hand sanitizers gets shoved in my face." 

"Ms Koeck, one time I went to Let's skate and I wiped out." 

"Ms. Koeck, I got this pen at Funspot" (as a bendable flower pen gets shoved so close to my face that I have to back up just to see it.)

"Ms Koeck, look what I can do." while balancing a backpack on top of the head.  

Which led to

"Ms Koeck, I can do this." balancing the lunch box on the head. 

"Ms Koeck, I need a paper."  To which I respond, "I'm sure if you would just wait 0.2 seconds the paper passer will put one on your desk."  (OK, I didn't say that...that is what I felt like saying).  

And, my personal favorite from last Friday...as we were cleaning out desks, "Ms. Koeck, I found a pretzel in my backpack."

Class----Ms. Koeck has changed her name!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Another Last Day

  That is a wrap on the 2023-2024 school year.  I spent this year at Central Florida Christian Academy.  The school is associated with Churc...