Sunday, April 9, 2017

How Is It April Already?

Yesterday I decided to check how much time is left until the end of the school year...7 weeks!   7 freaking weeks!   

When I look at the growth of my kids, for some reason, I don't get the same satisfaction I used to get when looking at my 4th graders.  Yet, I know they have grown.  At the beginning of the year I had 2 students who could not read.  Now, one of them is reading on grade level and the other, while still below level, has made some amazing progress.  I have been blessed with the ability to nurture and foster growth in those below level students.  So much so that, in the past four weeks, I have gained an additional 5 students from the other 2nd grade (for reading only) who were not showing sufficient progress.  The other 2nd grade teacher is a good teacher, it's just that she has been blessed with the ability to work with gifted students.  Anyway, now I have 7 weeks to see if I can bring about any growth in these 5 students.  

There will be no Stanley Cup for the Lightning this year.  Coming off back to back years of deep playoff appearances, this year they did not even make the playoffs. They made a good run at the end but just couldn't dig themselves out of the hole they had dug.   I'm pretty disappointed I will not be able to go to a playoff game this year but also thinking of all the money I will save.  Maybe next year, Lightning!  

Not much else going on here -we are yawn city party of two. 






No comments:

Post a Comment

Another Last Day

  That is a wrap on the 2023-2024 school year.  I spent this year at Central Florida Christian Academy.  The school is associated with Churc...