Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Just Some Thoughts

     While in Dubuque the dog spotted a horse and decided that said horse should be his new best friend.  Anyway, he gave a hard tug on his leash, which resulted in me dropping my camera, which then damaged the lens of that camera, which means that my camera is no longer in working order!  Since my birthday is next month I am trying to drop hints to hubby that I would like a new camera (and they are not subtle hints either).  I would like a better camera.   You know, one where you can set the ISO and all that jazz.  I am finding myself somwhat interested in amatuer photography.  Until then, I saw an old camera lying around - one where you have to buy the film and have the film developed - and I am thinking about using that one for the time being.

     School is going rather well.  After a somewhat bumpy start things seem to be clicking.  I was not thrilled with the curriculum in a few of the classes so have done some moderate tweeking to make things work.  And I was DEFINATELY not thrilled with the behavior of a couple of the classes but I think I made my expectations clear and things have been much better.  I do love having Thursdays off - oh, and Friday afternoons too.  It is an early start to the weekend!

     Zack started the year on a rough note too.  But after some help organizing himself and a trip to the doctor for a medication increase he is really doing well - even bringing up his grades as much as 10 whole points in a couple subjects!  It helps also that he has a  wonderful, exceptionally flexible and helpful teacher!!

     C.J. is enjoying the warm Florida sunshine while the weather here turns cool and crisp.  He has been taking advantage of his free entrance to Universal Studios and visits Halloween Horror Nights every night it's open.  I am so glad that he is happy and enjoying life but every once in awhile my mind will drift back to when he still lived here...I miss him.

     I miss my other son too!  Jon also seems happy at college but it is hard without him here.  My first thought as I woke up this morning was "remember just two short years ago when our house was full of kids."  Now it is just the three of us (and the dog) and life seems empty at times.

     We are awaiting a visit from mom and dad in a couple short weeks.  This marks the annual event when mom (who has been in Florida since the end of August) flies up here to meet up with dad (who stayes up north to hunt) and they spend a couple days with us before driving down to Florida together for the winter.  This has always coincided with Jon's birthday which will make his absence seem all the more painful this year.  However, I think we may take a day and go visit him while they are here.

      That pretty much sums up life at this point.  Hopefully next time I'll have pictures to share.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Another Last Day

  That is a wrap on the 2023-2024 school year.  I spent this year at Central Florida Christian Academy.  The school is associated with Churc...