Sunday, October 9, 2011

Visiting Jon

Oh my.  What an unbelievable weekend. 

For me, of course, it all starts with great weather - and this weekend sure delivered with our third and fourth straight day of temperatures in the 80's and pure sunshine baby!

So as Zack and I made the drive over to Platteville on Friday afternoon, the sun cast a light on the trees that made the colors seem all the more spectacular.

On Saturday we made our way over to Dubuque, Iowa.  Zack had never been to Iowa so he wanted to add another state to his list of "states I have been in." He currently stands at 24 states. 

We had lunch at one of our favorite places - Buffalo Wild Wings.





Zack is wearing the headband that Jon won by completing the "Blazin' Wings Challenge" at this very same BWW just days ago.  In short, he gulped down 12 wings with their signature Blazin hot sauce in 6 minutes - w/o anything to drink! 

This is not my idea of fun.  Truthfully, I couldn't gulp down 12 wings with ANY kind of sauce - I couldn't even finish the 6 I ordered.

Jon talked me into getting the blazin sauce on the side to just "try it."  I dipped a corner of a piece of chicken in the sauce and my mouth burned for minutes.

Here is Zack after he sampled the sauce as well.

Don't know if you can really tell how bad his eyes are watering but he went right for his soda - couldn't even pose for a picture first!

Next we headed to "downtown Dubuque" 


Parked the car, and walked around.  We came across a funnicular railway and for just $1.00 a person, you could ride it to the top of a hill for a scenic view.  So, why not?





Beautiful Day










Jon did not go up with us because he has a fear of heights.  This worked out perfectly since someone needed to stay with the dog.                                                        

After that we stoppped at a little curbside cafe for some ice cream (an water for the dog)  
                




So, I went through the weekend making my mental notes to soak in all the sights and sounds of the moment.  Making memories that will hopefully last a lifetime.

Though it was difficult to leave, Jon is happy where he is so that makes a mother's heart a little less heavy.


          

No comments:

Post a Comment

Another Last Day

  That is a wrap on the 2023-2024 school year.  I spent this year at Central Florida Christian Academy.  The school is associated with Churc...