Thursday, May 5, 2011

Our Nightly Walk

As you know (or maybe you don't) we live out in the boonies.... the country... little house on the prairie.  We live on a County Road so we have no sidewalks.


But one thing we do have is a huge backyard.  Here is only about half of it:


That  is the back of our house and our seemingly never ending supply of firewood that hubby cuts and splits himself.


Anyway... where am I going with this?  Oh yeah.... walks.... I don't particularly like walking on a County Road but liking the exercise that you can get from walking, I decided one night, to walk the entirity (is that a word) of our backyard  (I now do it three or four times depending on the weather).  I  took the dog along to run, sniff, explore, whatever it is that  dogs do.


And now....it has become a nightly ritual.  


He knows that after dinner is over and things are cleaned up that IT IS TIME!  He stares out the window (observe pictures below) and whines and whines, and....um...oh yeah... whines.






(That is Easter grass on his snout)


Once I have my shoes on... we are on our way,


Let the exploring begin.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Another Last Day

  That is a wrap on the 2023-2024 school year.  I spent this year at Central Florida Christian Academy.  The school is associated with Churc...