Sunday, January 2, 2011

The Trip Home

How about following up a smothering mother post with another smothering mother moment?   Because...well..that's me.


In the last post I confessed that I love to spend time with my kids.  I also love traveling with my kids!  Over the six years we lived in Florida we drove back to Wisconsin five times - once stopping off in Washington D.C. for a little side trip.  Ater moving back to WI, we have driven down to Florida for five Christmases in a row now...plus one trip in the summer of 2009 (I could make that drive with my eyes closed).   Yes, the kids and I travel well together and many great memories have been made on our journeys.


During all our travels one thing has remained consistant.... C.J. has been my "co-pilot" - inhabiting the passenger seat in the front.  Tomorrow is leaving day and C.J. will not be coming back with us...I know it sounds strange but I almost cannot bear it.   I just cannot imagine making this trip without him... part of our family will be missing!  Normally, as much as we hate leaving Florida, driving home together is an adventure in itself... gas station stops...lunch... Cracker Barrel... motel..swimming... watching T.V. together (always interesting to find something we all agree on watching).  It may not end up as terrible as I am anticipating... but right now...I am dreading this trip without him.


C.J. will be staying in Orlando and going to Valencia Community College while living with his dad.  This was he can also work at Universal Studios.  If things go as planned, he should be able to come back to attend UW-Oshkosh for the fall semester...if he still wants to.  He has already been accepted.


So, the next post will be from back in the freezing state of Wisconsin....until then...pray for safe travels for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Another Last Day

  That is a wrap on the 2023-2024 school year.  I spent this year at Central Florida Christian Academy.  The school is associated with Churc...