Monday, July 12, 2010

Happy Birthday C.J. (a day late)




I wanted to post this yesterday, which was his actual birthday, but our internet had been down since a huge gust of wind during a storm Saturday knocked our antennae off our roof.


So, my firstborn has now turned 19 years old. Can it be? Where has the time gone? The day he was born is etched in my memory and I can remember it so vividly that I feel like it just happened. My blood pressure had been misbehavin and I also had some other signs of pre-eclampsia so at my appointment on the Monday before my doctor decided that it was as good a time as any since I was only 2 weeks away from my due date.


So, he gave me the choices of the 9th, 11th, or 12th of July. Well, the 9th was the next day and just too soon to get everything arranged, and while the 12th was fine, I was afraid the labor might last too long and drag into the 13th, so the 11th seemed perfect. As it turned out, things happened pretty quickly and C.J. was born at 1:54pm, a 6 pound 8 ounce miracle from God. Tow-headed from the start, he was a joy from day one... sleeping through the night for 10+ hours at just 7 weeks.... I can't remember him crying....he was always early hitting his milestones (sitting up at 4 mo., crawling at 5 mo. etc.), and he tallked and reasoned so well that if he wasn't so tiny, you would swear he was two years older than he actually was.


Throughout elementary school his teachers would describe him as the perfect child. In fact his third grade teacher told me that C.J. was like E.F.Hutton - when C.J. talks- everybody listens (a take-off on the old comercial). He made honor roll every single quarter in elementary school and often got awards for character traits. the highlight of his elementary career was probably winning the 5th grade spelling bee and going to the city wide bee (which he also did very well in). He worked hard and also was able to get his black belt when he was in fifth grade.


Middle and high school were a bit different for him as we had moved back to Wisconsin, the school he went to was academically challenging, and he was no longer the good kid in the midst of trouble ones - everyone was equally good. But, C.J. rose to the challenge and graduated with honors this past May.


I could not be prouder of my oldest son - I Love You Seige.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Another Last Day

  That is a wrap on the 2023-2024 school year.  I spent this year at Central Florida Christian Academy.  The school is associated with Churc...