Tuesday, June 1, 2010

The End of an Era

Friday we wrapped up yet another school year - my last. For the past three and a half years I have been teaching the fourth grade, C.J. has been in the High School, and Zack has been in the Elementary School. Now, all that is over. C.J. will be graduating on Saturday, I am oing back to school in fall, and Zack will be home-schooled.


I managed to keep myself together for most of Friday morning, repressing certain feelings that would make me sad. However, when my principal called me up to recognize me and the parents gave me a standing ovation, I lost it! I cried for a while, regained my composure, and then went back to my classroom and cried again!


I feel at peace with this decision knowing that God is calling me to do this and then will follow whatever paths he opens for me after I am done with school.


So, summer begins! Tonight I am going shopping for a new USB cord so that I can take graduation pictures and upload them here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Another Last Day

  That is a wrap on the 2023-2024 school year.  I spent this year at Central Florida Christian Academy.  The school is associated with Churc...