Monday, November 30, 2009

Birthday Blessings

Well, today is my birthday. I am 40 something years old (luckily I can still fool some of the kids at school into believing that I am 26). I would like to think that I still look like 26 but it is more likely that they just don't understand age yet. My fourth graders can connect the dots and figure out that I have an 18 year old son and could not possibly be 26! In which case I say... " okay, so I am 30!" At least it makes them think about it for another few minutes.
Anyway, do I mind being 44 - no, not really at all. When I was younger, I thought that turning 40 would really bother me.. but it hasn't in the least. In fact, I am happier, more stable, and more content than I have ever been in my life. Perhaps all the turmoil and unhappiness I had in my late 20's and 30's is the reason that I feel so good now at this point in my life. Perhaps, but I believe something different. I believe it is because I found one special person who makes everything seem alright wherever I am and whatever I am doing. No, it's not my husband (though he is a big part of it) - it is God! It has only been the past couple years that I have found the peace and happiness that comes from surrendering your life to the LORD! I am speaking of complete surrender - letting God's will for me be fulfilled. I have stopped asking "why" or saying "I want this" and now just ask for God to do HIS will in my life. PEACE follows. I no longer over-analyze everything and think about circumstances that could have changed an outcome. The outcome was God's will from the start... therefore couldn't have changed! PEACE follows. Sure, things still happen that cause me to be upset (fight with hubby, C.J. leaving next year) but they are also for a purpose designated by God.
And so, with this birthday today, I thank the almighty God for His many blessings in my life.. the obvious ones being my family, friends, job, etc. But I also thank HIM for the turmoil and problems I have endured in my life for they all have a part in making me who I am today! So, I move forward in life looking forward to all He has in store for me. It may be great... it may be a difficult road... it may be a burden..it may be a very different life than I am leading right now.. but whatever it is, I pray that I handle it in a way that brings honor and glory to GOD!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Another Last Day

  That is a wrap on the 2023-2024 school year.  I spent this year at Central Florida Christian Academy.  The school is associated with Churc...