Wednesday, December 20, 2023

Halloween Horror Nights 2023 - Rating the Houses (The First Three)

 This year I opted for the full event express pass, which did not include Saturdays.  It also did not include parking, but thankfully, CJ got free prime parking with his annual pass.  

I don't recall exactly how many times I went but am thinking it was around 7-8 times.  We hit all 10 houses every time except one. 

Instead of rating the houses in order of least to favorite, I am going to give them a number rating of 1-10.  There really were not any ones this year but, in my opinion, there were no tens either. 


CHUCKY: ULTIMATE KILL COUNT

The first house we would hit was Chucky Kill Count.  While not a favorite, I find the backstory (or premise) of this house amusing.  The house was divided in two parts/buildings with a very short walk outside dividing the them.  

Chucky was coming to HHN so Universal created a house to promote him, but Chucky is unhappy with the house because it is lame, fake, and no kills actually take place. So he takes over creating the second part of the house and uses it to increase his kill count substantially by killing anyone who enters it.  Score: 4 (average but entertaining).

WALKTHROUGH FROM ATTRACTIONS MAGAZINE



Stock photo from Google
Stock Photo from Google

Stock Photo from Google


DR.ODDFELLOWS TWISTED ORIGINS

When you enter this house, you are entering a 1930's-era circus.  Dr. Oddfellow has invited you to his big top for a late-night show that is  not for children. The circus acts are actually outrageous murders.  I guess this house comes with a backstory for Dr. Oddfellow that includes a motive - he is essentially collecting souls to gain immortality.   Score: 7 

WALKTHROUGH FROM ATTRACTIONS MAGAZINE



STOCK PHOTO FROM GOOGLE

STOCK PHOTO FROM GOOGLE




THE DARKEST DEAL

When you enter this house, you immediately meet a down and out musician who strikes a deal with the Collector (of souls). As you go through the house, the musician's popularity rises until the end, when he has to fulfill his end of the contract and face an eternity in the underworld.  This house is very similar to the "Devil went Down to Georgia" song. 

This house was a conundrum for me.  I loved the story line and I think I would have enjoyed the house a lot if it hadn't been for one thing - it was way too dark for me.  I  walked into a couple walls, a prop, and actually got lost to the point where I couldn't move for a few seconds...which seems like an eternity when you are blocking all the people behind you!  It got to the point where I would just hold onto CJ's shirt and honestly, had I not done that, I would have encountered another wall and walked into a table.  Score: 6 (I would like to rate it higher, but it was hard to enjoy when I was so nervous about not making a fool of myself).  

WALKTHROUGH FROM ATTRACTIONS MAGAZINE




STOCK PHOTO FROM GOOGLE

STOCK PHOTO FROM GOOGLE




No comments:

Post a Comment

Another Last Day

  That is a wrap on the 2023-2024 school year.  I spent this year at Central Florida Christian Academy.  The school is associated with Churc...