Saturday, January 8, 2022

Christmas Break Part II

Next up on Christmas Break was Christmas Day.  As usual, my mom made a yummy turkey with all the normal side dishes of mashed potatoes, corn, sweet potatoes, stuffing, and cranberries. It was a gorgeous weather day (about 80* and sunny) so after eating, the boys and my dad went down to the clubhouse to play shuffleboard while I stayed behind to help with the clean-up. Then I took Ollie for a walk to check up on the game and somehow ended up taking my dad's place. 


I had never played before and wish I could say I had beginners luck. I think CJ was getting a little frustrated with me as his partner. Ha ha.


After Christmas, things took a turn because Zack got sick. He had all the symptoms of Co-Vid but we were unable to get him tested so we ended up deciding to just keep him home and that meant, I pretty much just stayed home and did nothing too. 

My one other excitement was going to the Lightning game on Tuesday with CJ. 




They played Montreal and had quite a few people (including both goalies) were unable to play due to Co-Vid so I did not have high expectations for the game. Most of the game was pretty even with the teams trading goals throughout most of it...until Montreal scored twice in a row to go up by 1.

I decided to leave and start walking back to the car with about a minute left -----------BIG MISTAKE. As soon as I walked out of the building I heard a collective cheer. They had scored with 19 seconds left and then won shortly into overtime. 

And that was it for Christmas break excitement. 

AND...just because she's so cute...



No comments:

Post a Comment

Another Last Day

  That is a wrap on the 2023-2024 school year.  I spent this year at Central Florida Christian Academy.  The school is associated with Churc...