Friday, November 26, 2021

Lightning Game and Thanksgiving

        While I was at school last week, CJ text me to ask if I wanted to go to the Lightning game on Tuesday (November 23) night against the Philadelphia Flyers. Of course I do!  I already knew one of my students would be at that game (his very first hockey game) so when I told him I was going to the same game, he was SOOOO adorably excited!  I sent a message to his parents and we made plans to meet up at the game. 

        


         Later, when his mom asked him what his favorite part of the night was, he said, "seeing Ms. Koeck" (melt my heart). He is one of the most wonderful students I have ever had. The picture is horrible because my mouth is swollen from an abscess.

            The game itself was great. They scored once in the 1st period, twice in the 2nd, and once in the 3rd. They won 4-0. So it was a great evening.



       The plans for Thanksgiving were to meet my sister and parents at Denny's in Ormond Beach. As my sister, Zack, and I were sitting  at a table, we got a call from my parents that their (new) car wouldn't start. So we improvised, drove to Flagler Beach to pick them up, and went to the Denny's in Palm Coast. 

        This was at least an hour long setback so by the time we drove back to Orlando, we had to go right to Chris's house to meet up with CJ and Jon. We have a Thanksgiving evening tradition of going to a movie. This year it was Free Guy. 


Meanwhile, Ollie stayed with Chris (who never really liked dogs).



It's a shame he isn't more spoiled!

And that's a wrap on Thanksgiving 2021




No comments:

Post a Comment

Another Last Day

  That is a wrap on the 2023-2024 school year.  I spent this year at Central Florida Christian Academy.  The school is associated with Churc...