Tuesday, February 19, 2019

A Day In My Life

It's been a while since I did one of these....but they're fun to look back on. 

So...this was my Tuesday, February 19

6:30 - Wake up.  This is 10 minutes before my alarm is scheduled to go off. Usually, I wake on my own sometime between 6:00-6:30 and then grab my phone and lie in bed on the internet reading my devotional, the news, and/or Facebook. 

6:40 - Roll out of bed, brush teeth, put contacts in, slap on a little make-up, and throw on some pre-picked out clothes. 

6:55 - Take the dog out, feed both animals, grab my coffee mug, and run out the door.

7:10 - Stop for coffee.  I stop at the same gas station everyday which is a service plaza off the Florida turnpike. I've stopped almost everyday for the past year and I am there so much, they will usually give me the coffee for free. 

7:30 - Arrive at school and check in. Run up to my room to drop off my things and talk a bit and then I head back downstairs. 

7:45 - Morning arrival duty.  Since I don't have a class this year, I am designated to be outside helping the kids out of their cars and greeting them and the parents. I truly love this part of the morning. 

8:00 - 9:00 - Back up in my room. This is my free time on T and Th.  On M, W, and F I need to pick up the 4th and 5th ESE students and take them to the computer lab from 8:10 - 8:30.  Today, I checked the news on the internet and ran off some assessments for the students. 

9:00 - 9:30 - 3rd grade Math intervention. I get 5 students and go over their daily FSA assignment

9:30 - 10:00 - 3rd grade Math intervention. I get 5 kids from the other 3rd grade and do the same thing. 

10:00-11:00 "Lunch" It's really too early to eat lunch for me so I usually do some paperwork, take a little break, and grab a quick bite right before 11:00. 

11:10 - 11:55 - 2nd Grade Reading Intervention. This is new for me as I have spent my time only with 3-5 this year so far.  Today, I just had them take an assessment and tested their reading fluency. 

12:00-12:30 - 4th Grade Push in.  I am usually hanging around in the 4th grade room helping out with their Math assignments

12:30-1:00 - 4th Grade Math Intervention.  I pull 5 students for work on their foundational skills. I do 4th grade on Tuesday and Friday and on Monday and Thursday I pull 5 5th grade students for the same purpose. There is really a gap in their foundational skills in Math. 

1:10 - 2:00 - 4th and 5th Grade Reading Intervention. I pull 9 students and, along with the ESE teacher, teach comprehension skills, testing strategies, and foundational skills.  

2:10-3:00 - 3rd Grade Reading Intervention. I pull 10 students and, along with the PE teacher, teach the same as above.

3:00-4:00 - Clean up my room and sit and wait for our staff meeting. Usually, I head out the door between 3:30 and 4:00 depending on whether I have to work at Huntington. Tuesdays we had staff meetings. 

4:00-4:45 - Sit through some announcements and are excused 15 minutes early - Yay! 

5:25 - Home. As usual, the trip is uneventful until just past the Sand Lake Road exit on I4. At that point, I only have 1 mile to my 528 exit, then another 1/2 mile on 528 to my International Drive exit, then another 1/2 mile to my apartment complex. But that 2 mile stretch can take up to 25 minutes depending on the time of day. Today...it took 13 minutes. 

Home before 5:30 = a win for me. Hardly ever happens

5:30 - Put PJ's on immediately!!! Call Sunpass to find out why I received toll violation notices in the mail over the weekend when I have SUNPASS??????  However, I was not up for the 35 minute wait to speak to a customer service rep so I hung up.  ***Side note*** Sunpass did the exact same thing to me in November and put a registration hold on my car. I had no choice but to pay the fee as I was under a time crunch and had to get my car registered. 

5:45 - Make tacos for dinner

6:15 - Give the dog a bath. Poor Ollie has been battling fleas. Even with flea meds, he is plagued by them. So I bathed him, combed out all the fleas (and cut some of his fur) and tomorrow I am stopping at Wal-mart for a stronger flea med. 

6:45 - Finally sit down to relax. 

7:45 - Writing this post as Ollie is wrapped up in his blanket and for the first time in a few days, he is not scratching himself every five minutes. I am hoping he has a peaceful night and we can get this under control quickly...poor baby. 

---I usually take him out for the night about 9:00 and crawl in bed to watch TV for an hour or so. I try to make lights out between 10:15 and 10:45.  




No comments:

Post a Comment

Another Last Day

  That is a wrap on the 2023-2024 school year.  I spent this year at Central Florida Christian Academy.  The school is associated with Churc...