Wednesday, August 25, 2010

First Day of School....With a Twist

So... today was the first day of school at Oshkosh Christian School... and on this day I would be greeting my new fourth graders, going over classroom rules, and getting acclimated.


This year I thought there would be no first day... I was wrong. But it was not in the fourth grade, it was in third grade. The third grade teacher had a baby over the summer and wanted some more time off so I will be subbing for the first six weeks of school and Zack will be in the fifth grade for the first quarter.


It was a fun day but shocking how little the kids were - compared to the full-fledged 10 year olds I was teaching just three short months ago. Most of the third graders are 8(a couple have already turned 9). The curriculum is also soooo simple compared to fourth grade.


So, our school year is starting out much different than i had originally thought... but pleasantly so. God had other plans for me and the money will be helpful to pay the bills and to save for our Christmas trip to Florida.


It is sure different making the trek to school without C.J. I miss him.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Another Last Day

  That is a wrap on the 2023-2024 school year.  I spent this year at Central Florida Christian Academy.  The school is associated with Churc...