Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Life Lately

Sometimes things all happen at once...and that is certainly how I am feeling lately.  

- School starts in just two weeks.  This alone would be a cause for excitement.  I am excited about the upcoming year and now that I have a year of the computer curriculum under my belt, things should be easier.  

This year my day off will be Monday.  I will also have most of Wednesday morning off and the majority of Friday afternoon off.  Plus, I have made the decision not to enroll Zack in Math this year (which is first period) and I have no first period classes - which means we do not have to be to school until 9:00!!!! Ah sweet sleeping in!!!! 

I will be attempting to teach him Algebra myself.  It was a difficult decision but, with the ADHD, he tends to get lost somewhere in the length of time it takes to solve lengthy math problems.  He does very well when he is allowed to orally talk through what he is doing.  So...Math at home it is for now.

- I am also trying to organize a 50 Wedding Anniversary dinner/party for my parent's right now.  My sister and her boyfriend fly in a week from today and my parent's will also come that day.  Needless to say with the 9 of us here we will have one packed house.  The to do list is a page long and growing all the time.  At least I finished the video last night so that is one less thing...well, the video is finished and rendered but still has to be burned.

And as was scanning pictures for the video I found a new favorite:
We had taken a ride on my parent's boat and stopped at the local park for a picnic lunch.  Then we headed over to the ride area of the park.  Here, C.J. (Taz) and Jon (Bugs) were waiting their turn to get on one of those rides.  Goodness...memories.

- Also added to the mix of everything-happening-at-once is the fact that middle son is still in limbo over school choices for fall.  Yes, less than a month until fall semester begins and he still doesn't know where he is going to go.  

He has unrealistic ideas about his opportunities at this point making things difficult so we need to work through some things.  This falls under the heading of I-need-this-like-I-need-a-hole-in-my-head-right-now.

-And, just for good measure...I feel terrible today with cough and breathing difficulties!!! This after feeling really well all summer long and feeling optimistic.   

No comments:

Post a Comment

Another Last Day

  That is a wrap on the 2023-2024 school year.  I spent this year at Central Florida Christian Academy.  The school is associated with Churc...