Monday, February 8, 2010

Life Changing Decisions

You know how sometimes, probably everyday, you make decisions that mean very little in the realm of life? Then again every once in awhile you have to make decisions that change your life? Like getting married, having children, moving, job changes... well, it's the job changes decision that I am facing right now. I have been at my present job (4th grade Christian school teacher) for three years now and can honestly say I have loved every minute of it! I could very easily say that I could see myself in this role for the rest of my career. The problem is.... my husband cannot. He has been pretty supportive for the past three years but, for him, this job is temporary until I find something that makes more money. Now, I could have the talk with him about my rewards being in Heaven and not here on earth. About how doing the Lord's work is the best work one can do... but, the reality is that my husbands job is very physically demanding and though he makes good money, he can't do it forever. So, at ssome point, I need to help my partner in life by earning more money so that he can ease up on his side. So, this year will be my last here. Next year I will go back to college to get my Master's degree and home school my 11 year old at the same time. We need to do this while my husband is still able to work overtime to make up for my lost income. Right now they have blessed, at his work, with an overload of business and are crying out for employees to work overtime. I have prayed about this and feel this is the answer from God. I definately did NOT want to make this decision because I do not feel the Lord will provide for us when we need it, but as a support to my life partner.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Another Last Day

  That is a wrap on the 2023-2024 school year.  I spent this year at Central Florida Christian Academy.  The school is associated with Churc...