Monday, June 18, 2012

Tree Inventory

We've been in our house for 6 years now.


We bought this land without anything on it...except a preexisting mound system...and had our house built.


The first spring in our house my husband decided we needed some trees on our property so we, as a family, spent a wonderful (not) weekend planting about 100 itty bitty pine trees.


This is how they look now - about 3 ft. tall.


Every other year hubby has thought it necessary to add 100 trees to our (now) tree infested property.


The latest batch, added just last month, is struggling with the lack of rain lately.
Anyway, this has become somewhat of an issue for me...since I'm the one who cuts the grass and all...and maneuvering around trees is really starting to get.on.my.nerves!  Believe me...it is not easy to do.


So, just for kicks and giggles, I decided to do a tree inventory on my latest grass cutting excursion.  


Some of the trees have died...mostly victims of the lawn mower and a driver (me) who wasn't able to control it very well - I told you it's not easy maneuvering around all those trees!


Final tree count: 279!  


And that does not even include the dozen or so fruit trees that hubby also planted in various places...also equally hard to mow around. (In fact, one of those trees has already succumbed, another victim of my lawn mowing skills. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Another Last Day

  That is a wrap on the 2023-2024 school year.  I spent this year at Central Florida Christian Academy.  The school is associated with Churc...